by IVC Sports Information
Irvine Valley's women's badminton team had two singles players and three doubles teams qualify for the California Community College Athletic Association 2016 State Championships.
The championships will be held at Pasadena City College on May 13-14.
The players advanced through the Pacific Coast Athletic Association Finals on Friday at Irvine Valley.
IVC claimed the top two spots in singles and also had a team won the conference doubles title.
It was the second conference singles title for Foes, who also captured the championship in 2014.
In doubles, competition, Tanuwidjaja and sophomore Tracey Nie finished first.
The duo won by default over Foes and sophomore Peihong Jiang.
The top eight singles players and six doubles teams from the conference finals advanced to the state championships.
Irvine Valley will play for a shot as a team at state on May 4 when it travels to Pasadena for the Southern California Regional Final.
IVC, winner of the Pacific Coast Athletic Conference, has a record of 9-0. Pasadena City, which won the South Coast Conference, has a record of 10-0.
1) Jurate Foes - Irvine Valley (conference champion)
2) Cora Tanuwidjaja - Irvine Valley
3) Thao Le - San Diego City
4) Jing Mi - Grossmont
5) Rebekah Leslie - Grossmont
6) Tran Pham - Grossmont
7) Polly Huynh - San Diego Mesa
8) Mai Truong - San Diego Mesa
1) Cora Tanuwidjaja/Tracey Nie - Irvine Valley (conference champion)
2) Jurate Foes/Peihong Jiang - Irvine Valley
3) Jing Mi/Rebekah Leslie - Grossmont
4) Saki Kaneko/Tran Pham - Grossmont
5) Bo Ma/Stella Shao - Irvine Valley
6) Margaret Do/Anna Lang - San Diego City