Kinesiology Instructor/Head Coach: Women's Basketball, Men's Soccer, or Men's Basketball-Gavilan College
FULL-TIME FACULTY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Gavilan College seeks qualified and enthusiastic applicants for a full-time, tenure track position as Kinesiology Instructor / Head Coach: Women’s Basketball; Men’s Soccer, OR Men’s Basketball Coach. The Department offers both transfer and local associate degrees with emphasis in sports management, education, and sports medicine, as well as, a certificate in personal training. The college will be interviewing all three positions but hiring only one (1) full-time position. The position consists of a 40% load as Head Coach and the supporting fundamental class; 60% load will be in teaching various Kinesiology theory and activity classes, as determined by the needs of the college and the qualifications of the selected candidate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide instruction of 14-16 lecture equivalent hours per semester. This is in accordance with established course outlines and departmental procedures.
• Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance requirements.
• Maintain necessary attendance and evaluation records and submit them according to designated deadlines.
• Post and maintain regular office hours in accordance with District Policy.
• Assist the Department of Kinesiology and Athletics in identifying and addressing instructional and programmatic needs.
• Participate actively in all full-time faculty responsibilities, such as curriculum review and development, committee membership, and other duties as described in the Faculty Handbook as required by contract and Board Policy.
• Develop and revise course materials as necessary to assure innovative and creative teaching and learning.
• Communicate and work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and the community.
In conformance with all California Community College Athletic Association, the Coast
Conference, and District Policies:
• Provide direction for all facets of a successful intercollegiate women’s basketball, men’s soccer, or men’s basketball program.
• Develop and implement a strong student-athlete recruitment program with emphasis on local student-athletes.
• Assist in building strong relations between the community and the athletic department, particularly with high schools within the District and contiguous district.
• Monitor and assist student-athletes with their academic progress towards degree completion and
• Attend Conference and State athletic meetings.
|Post Date||9/20/18 -10/8/18|
Minimum Academic Qualifications
Master’s in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical
Education, Kinesiology, Physiology of Exercise, or Adaptive Physical Education, OR Bachelor’s in any
of the above AND Master’s in any Life Science, Dance, Physiology, Health Education, Recreation
Administration, or Physical Therapy, OR the equivalent.*
*Individuals lacking the above degree-based academic qualifications, but who may have an equivalent background must submit either an
Equivalency Form as part of their application package OR possess a valid lifetime California Community College Instructor Credential that
authorizes teaching Physical Education or Kinesiology. Contact Human Resources for details about equivalency application.
Foreign degrees must be evaluated by a recognized credential evaluation service, prior to submission.
Required Professional Attributes & Experience:
• A broad background in Kinesiology with the ability to teach a wide range of courses within the
• Abilities, training, and experience which will assist in defining and establishing new opportunities for
students to participate and study Kinesiology.
• Demonstrate ability to teach the courses and effectively perform the duties.
• Academic and experiential breadth that enables the applicant to meet evolving needs of the college.
• A background that demonstrates sensitivity to the social, economic, and the ethnic diversities
represented by community college students.
• Knowledge and skills necessary to implement a student-centered approach to learning that is motivated,
builds self-esteem, and addresses differences in student learning styles and needs.
• Effective computer, oral and written communication skills.
• A background that demonstrates depth and currency in Kinesiology & Athletics.
• Substantial women’s basketball, men’s soccer, or men’s basketball coaching experience, at the
• Experience in managing and supervising a staff.
• Knowledge and understanding of the California Community College Athletic Association Constitution
• Experience and knowledge of caring for women’s basketball, men’s soccer, or men’s basketball
In consultation with the Dean of Kinesiology & Athletics:
• Prepare women’s basketball, men’s soccer, or men’s basketball equipment and supply budgets.
• Request transportation for competitions.
• Develop women’s basketball, men’s soccer, or men’s basketball season schedules.
• Fundraise and generate additional resources through the women’s basketball, men’s soccer, or men’s
basketball booster clubs.
• Participate in athletic department public relations.
Other Requirements: Must possess a valid California driver’s license and auto insurance.
• Initial annual salary placement in the current Faculty Salary Schedule depends on education and
experience. Benefit package includes employee and dependent medical, vision, dental plans, and
$50,000 life insurance.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity the following items must be received by CCC Registry
no later than 5:00pm on Monday, October 8, 2018 through the CCC Registry Website,
1. Apply at www.cccregistry.org
2. CCC Registry online application (required)
3. A one page personal statement that relates your background and qualifications to the position.
4. Resume (required)
5. Unofficial transcripts that show how the Minimum Academic Requirements are met. (If offered a
position, official transcripts will be required.)
6. If applicable, a complete Equivalency Application.
7. Affirmative Action Applicant Survey form (optional)
If you have questions related to the CCC Registry or technical aspects regarding submitting application
materials on the CCC Registry website, please contact the CCC Registry directly at
email@example.com or call (800)245-4157.
If you have a verifiable disability, and require accommodation to complete an application contact the
Human Resources Office at (408) 852-2823.
Please be aware, the District does not reimburse for expenses related to the recruitment process.
If you don’t have access to a computer, you may call the HR office at (408) 848-4753 or send an email
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided in all phases of the process provided that the individuals
with disabilities requiring accommodations inform the Human Resources Office no later than the closing
date stated in this announcement.
Clinical Assistant Professor - Clinical Psychologist- University of Washington
The University of Washington Department of Family Medicine seeks applicants for a full-time clinical psychologist to join our faculty at the University of Washington Family Medicine Sports Medicine group.
Responsibilities of this position are to serve as behavioral health specialist for the UW Intercollegiate Athletics (ICA) as part of the Primary Care Sports Medicine team. This position will be a Clinical Assistant Professor position in the Department of Family Medicine. The successful candidate will work closely with UW sports medicine physicians, athletic trainers, coaching staff and UW ICA administrative staff. Direct reporting for clinical services will be to respective team physicians and to the Medical Director of UW Intercollegiate Athletics. Faculty oversight will be performed by the Section Head of Sports Medicine in the Department of Family Medicine.
Psychologist must be available to meet the needs of athletes with office hours in the Stadium clinic and be available for consultation by phone during off hours to support athletic trainers and primary care sports medicine physicians should urgent concerns arise. Desired areas of expertise include eating disorders, substance use disorders, and interest in supporting healthy practices in the college age athlete. The candidate should be well versed in teaching life skills important to this age group including drug and alcohol use, sexual harassment awareness, and suicide prevention. The candidate must be willing to document medical care in Epic (an electronic medical record system used at UW) and have excellent communication skills with other members of the health care team.
University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research, and service. The candidate will participate in the teaching mission of the Department of Family Medicine which may include medical student, resident and fellowship physicians.
|Job Requirements||The successful applicant must be licensed to practice in the state of Washington and obtain privileges at UW Medical Center within the Department of Family Medicine. A minimum of 3 years’ practice experience is expected. The ideal candidate will have experience working with athletes.|
|Contact Information||Applicants should apply with a letter of interest,curriculum vitae, and contact information for at least two references.|
|Job Title||Associate Athletic Director-University of Miami|
The Associate Athletic Director, Athletics Facilities reports to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Event Operations, and works closely with all athletics staff. The major duties of the position include maintenance and development of facilities, coordination of facility renovations and construction, and the staging of all athletic, special events, championships, tournaments. The position also includes budget control responsibilities, direct contact with university and facilities and operations personnel, and direct supervision over athletic facilities and operations units and staff.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.) * Collaborative work style.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
|Contact Information||Apply online. Position #P00017366|
|Job Title||Athletic Trainer-Copper Mountain College|
|Job Description||Escape to Joshua Tree, California! We have: wide open spaces, affordable real estate, and no traffic. Please join our Men's and Women's Basketball teams for their 2nd seasons in our beautiful Bell Center Facility. This is a part-time classified position working 20 hours per week, 9 months per year (August - April.) Under the direction of the Athletic Director and Dean of Instruction, administer preventive treatment and rehabilitation to physical education students and athletes engages in various intercollegiate sports; assure compliance with health and safety standards, oversee the issuance, maintenance and replacement of athletic injury protective gear and equipment for the college athletic programs. 20 hours a week at $22.49/hour ($1,957.50/month)|
|Job Requirements||REQUIRED: A bachelor's OR master's degree from an accredited professional athletic training education program AND Completion of the Board of Certification (BOC) examination resulting in possession of a valid National Athletic Trainers Association Certification (NATAC). Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid First Aid and CPR Certificate issued by an authorized agency. Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver's license.|
|Contact Information||Bonnie Bilger Chief Human Resources Officer Copper Mountain College Joshua Tree, CA firstname.lastname@example.org|